Research and benchmarking report
This output will summarize the final results of the Research and analysis phase (1) and will include the following:
- Detailed description of at least 10 good practices (contents, delivery mechanisms, staff involved, teaching methods) related to entrepreneurship and incubation programs with specific focus on the following components:
a. ideation and creative thinking curriculum,
b. intensive training program to facilitate business model generation,
c. thematic lectures in the field of business model generation,
d. methodology on business model generation (Eric Ries: Lean Start Up methodology; Osterwalder, Pigneur: Business Model Generation…etc.),
e. curriculum on video pitch creation seminar,
f. pitch assessment and evaluation methodology
- Recommendations on how to connect the program to the High Education Institutions (HEIs) organizational structure (i.e.Faculty, research centre, other operational Unit) and to the local business environment (Companies, Investor community, regional government)
- Recommendations on possible reward systems/policy HEIs can put in place to engage academics in entrepreneurship education and spin off/start up support.
This output will summarize the final results of the Design phase (2) and will include the following:
- Detailed description of the NetMIB entrepreneurship/incubation program activity blocks, contents, articulation and duration
- Detailed description of the participants profile, entry requirements and selection process
- Detailed description of the teaching methods and tools to deliver the program
- Detailed description of the staff involved in the delivery, professional profiles needed and roles (trainers, facilitators, coaches, ect)
- Teaching material (slide set, exercises, tools) to be used for the delivery
- Accreditation system and credits
- Mechanisms for international cooperation (among project partners)
This design phase will take into consideration the consortium specific features in order to have the new methodology fitted to regular curriculum of the participating HEIs.
Knowledge management and dissemination ICT platform
This output will complete the NetMIB program by offering a networking ICT tool for project implementers and beneficiaries.
It will be composed of a public area where project information will be disseminated and a private area for NetMIB students and staff to facilitate communication and networking across HEIs and Programs
Teachers', mentors' guide for conducting ideation, business model generation incubation programs at HEIs
This output, building on the first version of the Program Toolkit (O1) will support the Capacity Building phase. This toolkit will guide future teachers and mentors on how to support students and student teams with implementable business ideas in the process of ideation and business model generation. Faculty members at HEIs or other student team mentors will be applying the guidelines of this toolkit on the daily base as they navigate the student or student team with the idea.
Train the trainer toolkit
This output will be a handbook for trainers whose role is to train faculty members at HEIs and other teachers, mentors who have the role of helping the ideation and business model generation process of students or student teams. In another word this handbook guides the trainer on how to educate teachers and mentors on the application of the“Teachers', mentors' guide for conducting ideation, business model generation
incubation programs at High Education Institutions (HEIs) (O4). This output is also the result of the capacity building phase (4) that will be conducted by the trainer experts of NCSU.
It will include the following:
- Description of the methodology of the NetMIB toolkit to be applied by a faculty member involved in the incubation program.
- Detailed description of the ecosystem approach to entrepreneurship capacity building.
- Description of the ideation methodology.
- Description of the business model generation methodology to be followed on O4.